Looking back on more than a century of company history
KET Kunststoff- und Elasttechnik GmbH can look back on more than eleven decades of tradition in the processing of rubber, silicone and later also traditional plastic. During these years we have been able to continuously expand our experience and successfully master new requirements. Here you will find the most important stages in our company’s history.
At the beginning of the 20th century, was the start of processing natural rubber in Rödertal. The first rolling mill was purchased in 1924 and put it into operation, the Herbert Hess KG Rubber workshop was founded in 1929. Alongside many other German Companies, Herbert Hess KG was amalgamated in to the producing of Rubber seals and other Rubber based articles for the war production in 1939. 1945 – Order No. 124 of the Soviet Military Administration was enforced, regarding the confiscation and provisional takeover of property in Eastern Germany. The rubber works Liegau is made a branch company of the state-owned enterprises in Saxony (VEB) – Industry administration No.28, rubber and asbestos Dresden. This was the beginning, the development of the craft industry, the industrial plant. The emphasis was placed on improving the technology and equipment. In addition to the purchase of new screw presses, hydraulic column / frame presses and a blank cutting machine, a new grinding and locksmith shop has been set up. The conversion of the hydraulics from manual to motor drive and the purchase of hydraulic column and frame presses were carried out. This relieved the workers and significantly increased production output. The new 848 m² vulcanization hall was inaugurated and put into production. For around 45% of production workers, the move meant a significant reduction in noise and heavy physical labor. At the same time, a rolling mill was rebuilt and put into operation. This year the assignment to VEB Cosid-Kautasit-Werke Dresden, as part of Liegau, took place. Moulded rubber parts for the food industry were manufactured here. It was not only produced for the GDR, but we were also an export company for “socialist countries” and the NSW (non-socialist economic system). The Company became the first elastomer processing company in the GDR to process liquid silicone rubber. In November the foundation stone was laid for the new tooling and maintenance building. Construction of a new administration building, the injection moulding hall and the “production section 2 building”. In 1988 the injection moulding production was started up in a complete factory hall as well as the new installation of 2 Dieffenbacher presses for milk heater seals. The privatization by the Trust agency and the founding of Elast GmbH Liegau took place directly a year after the reunification of East & West Germany. Linked to this was the search for new potential investors. Gert Kösling, a partner of Gert Kösling GmbH in Riedstadt-Crumstadt, took over Elast GmbH Liegau and founded “Kösling ELASTTECHNIK GmbH”. Transfer of all shareholdings from Gert Kösling to senior employees of the company. The new CEO was Günther Wenske. Company name changed to KET Kunststoff- und Elasttechnik GmbH Liegau-Augustusbad, which still exists today. As a result, important strategic decisions had to be made in the company. Among other things, the alignment and expansion of the business area electrical industry, area energy & distribution in the medium and high voltage area. The certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001 quality management has been achieved. The company was awarded the DIN EN ISO 14001 environmental management certification. Plans drawn down to enter the field of medical technology and to invest continuously, we are now able to produce a wide variety of medical technology articles in excellent quality. First activities related to silicone 3D printing Certification according to DIN ISO 13485 medical technology is achieved and a change of shareholders put the company on a future-proof foundation. The development engineer Gunter Böttcher takes over as CEO. Investments are being made in the expansion and installation of the finishing, which has long become too small. The upstairs of the dispatch building, bright rooms have been created, so now to around 180m² ample space for finishing and a part of the finished parts warehouse has emerged. Commissioning of additional production area in the clean room Creation of a new Sales/Marketing & Construction team, streamlining the procedure from Enquiry to Actual Order of Products. See’s a large addition to the Machine park with new Silicone & Rubber injection machines from Maplan & Desma and 3x Engel Plastic injection moulding machines. Expansion of the production area in the clean room